Over the coming days, I will present a short study on the spiritual gifts. In my humble opinion, understanding our spiritual gifts are important for a few reasons:
- We can give God thanks for them.
- To understand why we are the way we are.
- To understand why other Christians are the way they are.
I don’t want to tell you what your gifts are. Your spiritual gifts will come naturally if you are walking with God. They don’t need to be forced. Instead, as God shapes us in His image, we will continue to grow in the gifts, which He has given us.
There are different spiritual gifts listed in the Bible.
These gifts can be broken down into 3 categories of gifts:
- Romans 12:6-8 are the Motivational Gifts.
- 1 Corinthians 12:7-9 are the Manifestations of the Spirit.
- Ephesian 4:11 are the Ministry Gifts.
Not everyone agrees on spiritual gifts and that is alright. I especially anticipate questions about the motivational gifts. If you want a better explanation of them, please order the free materials about them by Russell Kelfer at Discipleship Tape Ministries. If you don’t feel like ordering the materials I will attempt to address anyone’s concerns myself.
We must remember that not a single one of us can fully show the image of Jesus Christ alone, but all of us together are His complete and perfect Body.