“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
(Psa 46:10 ESV)
Some of my most enjoyable times with Christ, have been in silence. To sit still and see Him by faith is a wonderful thing. It doesn’t take words to worship Him. You can worship Him by just enjoying Him. To forget the troubles of the world, if even for a moment, and turn your gaze to Him, honors Him much. Instead, of bringing Him your laundry list, you can bring Him yourself and seek Him for no other reason than because you want to enjoy His Presence. If only we turned our focus from our outward duties to God more often, we would surely be consumed with a holy passion for Him. Somehow, during this time, He fills us with contentment, while filling us with more desire. If only we knew how important this quiet time is to Him, perhaps we wouldn’t consider it wasted time.
- The Old and the New Creation Through Christ (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
- We Should not Shrink from Suffering (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
- What Does It Mean for a Christian to Bear Fruit? (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
- Let Us Be Content With Our Sufferings (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
- Walk in Christ (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 20, 2011, in Exhortation and tagged Christ, Christian, Christianity, Faith, God, Grace, Heart, Holy Spirit, Jesus, Joy, Lord, Love, Peace, Presence, Spirit, Surrender. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.